Funding information is listed below. As well, here is information to help clients take advantage of their extremely valuable but often wasted employee health benefits coverage.

Do you have unused employee benefit funds? Many extended health coverage/employee benefits insurers provide funding for speech-language pathology services. Review your health plan policy booklet or call your insurer. You may request a copy of your booklet from your employer's benefits manager, union representative or human resources department.

Information to look for:

  • Terms like: speech-language pathology, speech therapy, paramedical, other health services, other rehabilitation services, or other medically necessary services.
  • Limitations and exclusions of coverage?
  • Coverage of both assessment and treatment (or therapy) services?
  • Amount per session, per year and per person?
  • Coverage for parent training? Is it deducted from the parent's coverage or the child's?
  • What is the year end for the insurance company? (calendar year? 12 months from first visit? fiscal year?)
  • Is a physician’s referral needed? Any other documents required to submit the claim?

Here are links to claim forms for your convenience. Some providers have electronic claims available. Please check with your insurer that you are using the correct form.

  • ​Greenshield website  click here |  General Claims Submission Form  click here (note: on form, speech-language pathology is under category of  'Professional Service')
  • ​Manulife website  click here |   Group Benefits Extended Health Care Claim Form  click here
  • Sun Life Financial website  click here  |  Extended Health Care - Standard Claim Form / Health Spending Account Claim Form  click here 
  • Great-West Life website  click here  |  Healthcare Expenses Statement  click here

You may be eligible for funding through the Medavie/Blue Cross programs for Veterans Affairs, RCMP and Canadian Forces/National Defense. Connect is an approved provider and may be able to directly bill for eligible clients.

Tax programs are in place to alleviate some of the burden for individuals and families paying for medical-related expenses. Fees for speech-language pathology services may be claimed as a Medical Expense on your taxes. You may also be eligible for tax credits through the federal government. More information is available through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) links below. Or speak to a qualified accountant.

Disability Tax Credit (DTC):
Claiming Medical Expenses:

​Child Disability Benefit (CDB):
Read more about these programs on CRA's website:

You may contact this program to determine if your child is eligible for support: 

President’s Choice Children’s Charity
Phone: 1-888-495-5111

Ceridian Cares
Phone: 1-866-313-2827 

​Ontario Association for Families of Children with Communication Disorders
Phone: 519-290-1763  

Harmonize For Speech

Phone: 416-751-6456

Jennifer Ashleigh Children's Charity


Phone:(905) 852-1799 x32

Jordan's Principle


Phone: 613-618-1833

Contact Connect Speech to schedule your complimentary consultation. Appointments are scheduled by request. 

       CALL US (Mobile)
        +1 519-852-9771